Lotto Odds Calculator› Odds Calculator
The Lotto Odds Calculator enables users to calculate the odds of winning the jackpot and additional prize levels for any given lottery.
To use the calculator, type in the number matrix, select the number of prize tiers and tick whether the lottery includes a bonus ball. If the lottery includes a bonus number, additional options will appear specifying the bonus variables. Alternatively, select a lottery from the Popular Lotteries drop-down menu to automatically display the odds table.
Please note, some lotteries have irregular prize levels, therefore the odds calculated may not be 100% accurate.
How to use the Lotto Odds Calculator
- Enter the number of balls to be drawn
- Enter the Total Number of Balls from which these are drawn
- Choose the total number of prize levels the lottery has, eg: Match 6, Match 5, Match 4 and Match 3 would be 4 levels
- If the lottery includes 'Bonus' numbers eg: a Powerball, tick the "include bonus balls" box
- If the box has been ticked, a dropdown menu will appear in a similar style to the original fields. Enter the number of "bonus" numbers to be drawn, the size of the pool it/they are drawn from, and the amount of prize levels that involve matching the bonus number. Finally, select the name of the Bonus number from the remaining dropdown box
- Click the "Calculate Odds" button to view the odds, or to start again, click Reset.
Alternatively you can choose a lottery from the "Popular Lotteries" dropdown menu at the bottom of the form to quickly input the variables for your chosen lottery and auto-display the odds table.